This is a contemporary setting of the familiar gospel text by Fanny Crosby (1820-1915). It is for solo voice with keyboard accompaniment. The haunting melody perfectly enhances the poignant lyrics. The range is moderate and can be performed by any voice. It is suitable for any occasion. This will quickly become a “go to” piece in your regular repertoire.
Available from the composer: firstname.lastname@example.org or reply/comment here
The Ocean Breeze (voice/piano)
140 – A Cycle of Songs with texts from Twitter (voice/piano)
1. Tolkien went down through the cellar door
2. Sipping lemonade on the docks
3. He found there’s a line you don’t cross
4. I walk unafraid
5. You know what you look like?
6. The irony was lost to them
7. Pia was proud
140 – A Cycle of Songs performed by Christopher Bailey, tenor and Mrs. Maila Gutierrez Springfield, piano